Saturday 31 March 2007

Have hands! Will use them!


Sam at the age of 3 painting, well with his hands! He had so much fun, he was completely covered - but just look at that face!

Sam is almost 11 now - but this only feels like yesterday - and yet he starts at senior school in September!

I have made him a Scrapbook of his life - right from when he was born - to this day - and hope to keep it going until he is 18.

I have tried to avoid just putting Christmas, Birthday and Holiday photos. Instead I have included things like this - a day painting. I have also included a day at the seaside with Nanny and Grandad (Grandad is no longer with us - so it is nice for him to look back on) I also want to do things like - a page of his favorite things at different ages, including: food, books, TV programmes, games, shoes etc. He is helping me put the pages together. (I'm sure he thinks I'm barking mad! but he will look back in 10 years and understand why!) The last page in the book is going to be his family tree.

This page is traditional paper scrapbooking, I have used pattern papers, cardstock to mat and layer the photos (picking out the yellow of his apron), a paper punch for the little hands (to mimic his hands) and a MM metal word eyelet and a wire word 'giggle'. The title/base card stock was something a picked up a show a couple of years ago, as I thought it would be perfect for this sort of layout.



4 comments:

Ian said...

You no i might have to get you to do one of your scrap books for me with my photos from the films hint, hint, wink, wink.
All the best Sue
Bestest cousin ever
Ian x

Sue Shaw said...

Hint, hint, wink, wink - cheeky - you should learn a new skill! especially Digital scrapping with all your computer skills. x x x

Anonymous said...

Hello
I love this layout, the photo's are lovely, very natural. He certainly had fun. It's a great fun layout. Your album for your son sounds such a lovely idea and I'm sure he will look back in years and smile.
Sally.
PS everyone should scrapbook.

Sue Shaw said...

Many thanks for your kind comments. Sam loves looking through his album and even tells me what he would like included - mostly football!
Sue. x