Sunday 1 April 2007

Visit to Hobbycrafts at the NEC

Well what a day - a visit to Hobbycrafts exhibition at the NEC Birmingham. We left at 7.15 this morning (after a night of little sleep - think it was the thought of being up early). At about 9.30, (while rummaging through a box of ribbons) I had 2 text messages - the baby boom continues! Margaret's daughter had a little girl at 7.30 this morning and Sharon's 'daughter in law' (almost) had a little girl at 8.35 this morning. All concerned are doing well.

Anyway, back to the show. I stand by my comments of last year - I still felt this show was very much aimed at card makers. Don't get me wrong, it was a very enjoyable day and I managed to fill a ruck-sack and have 2 further bags, to weigh me down. But there was a real lack of scrapbooking stash. I did manage to buy some lovely 7 gypsies mini chipboard books, some great storage boxes (there were some fab storage ideas about), a few papers and I treat myself to a lovely pink thingy to use with heat seal crystals. (like a kandykane type thing!)

Did anyone go to the exhibition at Olympia, London this year, if so what was the 'stash' shopping like there??? We are considering that one next year??

No comments: